Prysmian Cables & Systems are a world leader in the design and manufacture of MV accessories.
The ELASCON and FORMFIT ranges of Separable connectors are suitable for a wide range of applications, including connection of cable to transformers, switchgear, motors etc, and also cable to cable.
The connector range covers 12kV, 24kV and 36kV and up to 1250 Amps. Cable conductor sizes up to 630mm² can be accommodated.
The ELASCON range uses a flexible EPDM rubber to fit a wide range of cable sizes. Conductor lugs are range taking mechanical types, so allowing each size to take a wide range of cables.
For very large cables, the FORMFIT range are also available.
Using EPDM materials for the body provides several advantages:
- A fully formed outer screened layer making the product touch safe.
- EPDM does not degrade allowing easy disconnection at any time.
ELASCON and FORMFIT connectors are suitable for indoor and outdoor installations with the connectors being entirely protected by a watertight conductive envelope connected to earth.
The range includes straight, right angle and tee connectors, straight connecting plugs, joints/branch connectors and accessories.
The Prysmian Separable Connectors brochure is available from our Downloads Page.
Tools and Compounds
Intertech stocks a range of the Prysmian tools and compounds including the following:
- Screen Scoring tools (0.4mm, 0.6mm and 1.5mm)
- Coraline Soldering Flux
- R391 Plastic Weatherproof Sealing Compound
- Cable Clamps (see our Cable Clamps section)
- Other accessories from the Prysmian range are available upon request